My blog

Welcome to my blogger web page. Feel free to read any of my posts and respond. Hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Berlin Conference

The country that I had was Spain. Spain had the fifth pick in its land and only got one square inch of land. I believe that our group did the best with what we had. All main natural resources and minerals about line B, which is where we had to chose land, was taken. We chose an area right next to Ethiopia. Getting this land allows us to be next to one of the independent African nations and also allows us to have access to the Indian Ocean which the only way Spain could get to before was through Europe or around Africa. Also we chose two smaller regions with minerals.

I believe that Great Britain did the best out of all the European nations. They were allowed to have five square inches and they took a little more than what they were allowed to take but they still did very well. They got the majority of the land and were very spread out. If they didn't take more land then they were supposed to take, then I think Portugal would have won. They have good minerals and a lot of major ports. I think that Germany did the worst however. They took land right in the middle of Africa and had no way of getting out. Also they didn't do that best with ports or minerals. They got some rivers but these rivers were already taken by Portugal.

The Berlin Conference was similar to this. Britain and France got the majority of the land. Britain did the best. Africa was completely split up and looked like a puzzle of European nations much like how our map in class looked after the game. Also Ethiopia remained independent even though Italy attacked them in our game and in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment