My blog

Welcome to my blogger web page. Feel free to read any of my posts and respond. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Muslim women veil

When I first see the pictures of women wearing veils I automatically think of the Middle East. I never really learned why or what they meant I just knew that some females from the Middle East wear a veil. I also remember a famous picture of a women who took off her veil and had amazing green eyes. Now whenever I see a veil I think of this picture. It makes me think of women being degraded because they are not allowed to show their face and that must be very unpleasant. When I see someone lighting candles with a veil I think of religious practices and the Islam religion. However, when I see just someone wearing a veil I think of 9/11 and terrorists sometimes. This is a stereotype though and is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment