1. I believe that the Arabs have such hatred towards the west because of imperialism and westernization. Many European countries came into the Middle East after the Ottoman Empire fell and took over land. This is imperialism. Then they spread their ideas through out the land they controlled and even to the land they didn't control in the Middle East. This was westernization. I believe that this brought about feelings of nationalism because people in the Middle East didn't want to lose their culture. The Middle Eastern people have strong feelings toward west because they don't want to lose their culture and don't want us spreading our ideas into their land.
2. I believe that Zionism is what has caused the hatred toward the Jews. After WWII the west gave the Jews what was Palestine. This created very strong hatred toward the Jews because the Arabian people want their land. They already had past conflict with the Jews and now Zionism caused the Jews to go into their land again and kick the Palestinians out. This is why they hate the Jews.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment