Palestinian authorities have blocked the sale of Israeli settlement made goods. The reason they are doing this is to end their dependency on on Israel's West Bank settlements. If a Palestinian is caught with a sale like this they can be fined and punished by law. They called this the 'cancer' to Palestine and they want to stop it by any means necessary. They estimated that the sale of settlements in West Bank account for 2 million dollars worth of sales.
This is globally bad and good I feel. It is bad because this is causing more separation between the two groups and this will only cause more conflict and war. It is good though because I don't think Palestine should be dependent on Israel. But they need to make peace and I believe the way to do this is not to stop the sale of goods between each other but to talk and negotiate. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment